Professor Richard Millar Director of the Student Services Centres Project
- Student Services Centre
- +44 (0)28 903 66980
Professor Richard Millar obtained a Master of Arts degree in Computer Science from the University of Cambridge (Pembroke College) in 1986 before returning to Northern Ireland for research studies at Ulster University. He graduated from there in 1989 with a Doctor of Philosophy in Computing Science and accepted an offer of a Lectureship in Computing Science.
Richard was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 1996 and to Head of the School of Computing and Mathematics in 2000. For the years 2004-2014 he was Dean of the Faculty of Computing & Engineering before being appointed in August 2014 as Pro-Vice-Chancellor with responsibility for Academic Planning, Partnerships and International Affairs.
He is a Fellow of the British Computer Society, a former member of the Society's Council, currently Chair of the Society's Professional Examinations Board and a past-Chairman of their Belfast Branch. Richard was a member of the Steering Committee for the STEM Review in Northern Ireland, a member of the Project Board for the DEL HE Strategy for Northern Ireland and a Board member of Momentum. He is a Liveryman of the Information Technologists in the City of London and a Department of Education-nominated Governor for Belfast High School.
Richard is married to Belinda; they have one son, Zack. Richard strives to maintain a work-life balance to pursue interests in golf, rugby and be an active member of his church.
Responsibilities: Academic Planning: Educational Partnerships (Domestic and International); International Student Experience, Marketing and Recruitment; Student Support; Students' Union Liaison.
Showing 1 to 5 of 13 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Modeling Complex Real-Time and Embedded Systems - The UML and DORIS CombinationReal-Time SystemsDate: (2004)Creators: Hull, MEC, Ewart, S, Hanna, JRP and Millar, RJ
- Advances in Dataflow Programming Languages.ACM Computing SurveysDate: (2004)Creators: Johnston, W, Hanna, Paul and Millar, Richard
- Software development processes - an assessmentInformation and Software TechnologyDate: (2002)Creators: Hull, MEC, Taylor, PS, Hanna, JRP and Millar, RJ
- Examining The Generality Of A Behavioural Animation Framework (2001)Date: (2001)Creators: Hanna, Paul, Millar, Richard and Johnston, W M
- A Review of Behavioural Animation.SMA '99 Proceedings of the fifth ACM symposium on Solid modeling and applicationsDate: (1999)Creators: Millar, Richard, Hanna, Paul and Ewart, S