Professor Marie McHugh Dean of the Ulster University Business School
- Ulster University Business School
- Research Institute
- Business and Mgmt
- +44 (0)28 903 66350
Professor Marie McHugh is Dean of the Ulster University Business School. She joined Ulster University as a Research Officer in 1987, becoming a Lecturer in Organisation Studies in December 1989. In 2001 she was awarded a Personal Chair in Organisational Behaviour and was appointed Head of Department. Before taking up her present post she was Head of the Department of Management in the Ulster University Business School.
A native of Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, she attended Mount Lourdes Grammar School. She went on to read Psychology at Queen's University Belfast, graduating with a BA (Hons) in 1983. This was followed by an MSc in Occupational Psychology in 1985, and in 1997 she obtained a PhD in Organisational Behaviour from Ulster University.
In addition to her roles at Ulster University, Professor McHugh is Editor of the Leadership and Organizational Development Journal and is Vice President of the British Academy of Management.
Responsibilities: Dean of the Ulster University Business School which comprises: the Department of Accounting; Department of Business, Retail and Financial Services; Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management; Department of International Business; Department of Management and Leadership; Department of Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Strategy; the Business Institute; the Business and Management Research Institute; and the Research Graduate Centre.
Showing 1 to 5 of 12 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Extending travel-time based models for dynamic network loading and assignment, to achieve adherence to first-in-first-out and link capacitiesTransportation Research Part BDate: (2014)Creators: Carey, Malachy, Humphreys, Paul, McHugh, Marie and McIvor, Ronan
- Exploring the important role of organizational factors in IT buisness value: taking a contingency perspective on the resource-based viewInternational Journal of Management ReviewsDate: (2013)Creators: wiengarten, Frank, Humphreys, Paul, Cao, Guangming and McHugh, Marie
- Creating outsourced shared services arrangements: Lessons from the public sectorEuropean Management JournalDate: (2011)Creators: McIvor, Ronan, McCracken, Martin and McHugh, Marie
- An investigation into supplier development activities and their influence on performance in the Chinese electronics industryProduction Planning & ControlDate: (2011)Creators: Humphreys, Paul, Cadden, Trevor, Wen-Li, Li and McHugh, Marie
- Creating Outsourced Shared Services Arrangements: Lessons from the Public SectorEuropean Management JournalDate: (2011)Creators: McIvor, Ronan, McCracken, Martin and McHugh, Marie