Professor Jan Jedrzejewski Dean of the Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Arts
- Research Institute
- Arts and Humanities
- +44 (0)28 701 24553
Jan Jędrzejewski was educated at the University of Łódź, Poland, where he obtained, in 1985, his MA in English philology, and at Worcester College, University of Oxford, where he completed, in 1992, his DPhil on Thomas Hardy. He joined Ulster University, as a Lecturer in English, in 1993; he was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2001, and he became a Professor of English and Comparative Literature in 2007.
Professor Jędrzejewski held the posts of Acting Head of the Humanities Research Institute (2008-2009), Acting Head of the School of History and International Affairs (2009), and Head of the School of English and History (2009-2014). A specialist in nineteenth-century English literature, particularly the Victorian novel, he also has a major interest in comparative literature, focusing on the literary relations between the British Isles and Poland.
He has published monographs on Thomas Hardy and the Church (1996) and George Eliot (2007), and he has produced critical editions of Hardy and Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu, as well as numerous journal articles and book chapters.
Responsibilities: Dean of the Faculty of Arts which comprises the Confucius Institute at Ulster University; School of Creative Arts and Technologies; School of English and History; School of Irish Language and Literature; School of Media, Film and Journalism; School of Modern Languages; Research Graduate School.
Showing 1 to 5 of 25 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Anthologizing Sir Samuel Ferguson: Literature, History, PoliticsText MattersDate: (2013)Creators: Jedrzejewski, Jan
- Tuning Educational Structures in Europe: Reference Points for the Design and Delivery of Degree Programmes in Literary StudiesDate: (2012)Creators: Jedrzejewski, Jan
- A Paradise for Intellectuals or a Bastion of Privilege? The Strengths and Weaknesses of the Oxford College SystemCollegium/College/Kolegium: College and the Academic Community in the European and the American Tradition (eds. Mark O'Connor and Piotr Wilczek)Date: (2011)Creators: Jedrzejewski, Jan
- Reorienting Victorian Studies: A European PerspectiveAustralasian Journal of Victorian StudiesDate: (2010)Creators: Jedrzejewski, Jan
- Between Dublin and Siberia: Poland in the Nation Newspaper, 1846Dimensions and Categories of Celticity: Studies in Literature and Culture (ed. Maxim Fomin, Jerzy Jarniewicz, and Piotr Stalmaszczyk)Date: (2010)Creators: Jedrzejewski, Jan