Professor Carol Curran Dean of the Faculty of Life & Health Sciences
- Faculty of Life and Health Sciences
- +44 (0)28 903 66166
Professor Carol Curran is Dean of the Faculty of Life and Health Sciences. She joined Ulster University in 1996 as a Lecturer/Practitioner in District Nursing, a full time lecturer in 1999 becoming a Senior Lecturer in 2005. In 2007 she was awarded a Personal Chair in Nursing on the basis of Academic Enterprise.
Carol obtained an honours degree in Nursing Studies in 1990, an MSc in Professional Development in 1997 and a PhD in 2005 all from Ulster University. Before taking up the post of Dean Carol has been Head of School of Nursing, Chief Executive of Ulster Educational Partnerships Ltd and Associate Dean of the Faculty of Life and Health Sciences. Carol is the current Chair of the Northern Ireland Practice and Education Council for Nurses and Midwives (NIPEC). Carol is keen to advance inter-professional learning across the faculty and to maximise the relationship between research and teaching and learning.
Responsibilities: Dean of the Faculty of Life and Health Sciences which comprises the Schools of Biomedical Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Health Sciences, Nursing, Psychology, and the Ulster Sports Academy (formerly School of Sports Studies) each with their respective Research Institute and the Research Graduate School.
Showing 1 to 4 out of 4 publications
This list was generated by the Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR).
- A STUDY OF THE CULTURAL COMPETENCE OF NURSES WORKINGIN MULTICULTURAL HEALTHCARE ORGANISATIONS WITHIN THEKINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIAHumanities and Social Sciences ReviewDate: (2014)Creators: Al-Wahbi, Manal, Kernohan, George and Curran, Carol
- The perceived role of the District Nurse in Palliative Care.Journal of Community NursingDate: (2001)Creators: McIlfatrick, Sonja and Curran, Carol
- District Nurses Perceptions of Palliative Care Services – Part 2International Journal of Palliative NursingDate: (2000)Creators: McIlfatrick, Sonja and Curran, Carol
- District Nurses Perceptions of Palliative Care Services – Part 1.International Journal of Palliative NursingDate: (1999)Creators: McIlfatrick, Sonja and Curran, Carol