Dr Jianping Zhang Lecturer in Fire Dynamics & Material
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 66460
Jianping Zhang is a Lecturer in Fire Dynamics and Materials at the School of Built Environment. He holds a BEng (Honours) degree in Mechanical Engineering from Southwest Jiaotong University in China. After obtaining his PhD on "Numerical modelling of pool fires and flame spread" at Kingston University in 2005, he joined the University of Ulster working as a research associate in the FP6 project PredFIRE-Nano, in which he was responsible for the development and validation of a complete methodology for predicting the burning behaviours of polymer nanocomposites based on intrinsic properties extracted from micro- and small-scale tests. After PredFIRE-Nano, he worked in several FP7 projects including ENFIRO, AircraftFire and ELISSA as well as projects funded by local companies and UK government (Atomic Weapons Establishment). His research interests consist of fundamental experimental investigation of material flammability and fire dynamics, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling of flames and fires, numerical analysis of heat transfer and pyrolysis of solids, and application of quantitative risk analysis in fire safety engineering. He has published widely in the fields of fire safety, material flammability and combustion, including two book chapters and more than 30 peer-reviewed journal articles.
Showing 1 to 5 of 41 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Comparison of methods for thermal analysis: Application to PEEK and a composite PEEK + CFJournal of Fire ScienceDate: (2015)Creators: Florian, Hache, Delichatsios, Michael, Fateh, Talal and Zhang, Jianping
- Simplified structure of the condensed phase of fire retarded PA6 nanocomposites in TGA as related flammabilityFire Safety JournalDate: (2014)Creators: Bakirtzis, D, Ramani, Alwar, Zhang, Jianping and Delichatsios, Michael
- Flame extinction properties of solids obtained from limiting oxygen index testsCombustion and FlameDate: (2014)Creators: Suzanne, Mathieu, Delichatsios, Michael and Zhang, Jianping
- Fundamental flame spread and toxicity evaluation of fire retarded polymersFire Safety ScienceDate: (2014)Creators: Suzanne, M., Ukleja, S., Delichatsios, Michael. A, Zhang, Jianping and Karlsson, B.
- Experimental and Numerical Study of Thermal Stability and Fire Performance of Brominated and Halogen-free Flame Retardants in Glass-fibre Reinforced Poly(butylene terephthalate)Fire Safety ScienceDate: (2014)Creators: Suzanne, M., Ramani, A., Ukleja, S., McKee, Maurice, Zhang, Jianping, Delichatsios, Michael. A and Bakirtzis, D.