Dr Phillip Millar Lecturer in Civil Engineering: Land Surveying & GIS
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 68385
Phillip Millar was appointed Lecturer in Civil Engineering: Land Surveying and GIS following periods of employment in public authority, private consultancy and Further and Higher Education. He earned his Doctorate at the University of Ulster in 2013.
Dr Millar’s area of research specialises in contactless recovery of highway surfacings using close range photogrammetry, laser and satellite data. This has included studies in the United Kingdom, Europe and the United States. His research has been presented at conferences in the United Kingdom, Europe, Australasia, the United States and South America. Phillip is currently involved in collaborative, research and consultancy funded by the highways agencies: Transport Northern Ireland, Transport Infrastructure Ireland and Highways England.
Phillip’s research in contactless methods has been extended to investigation of the surface properties of high performance racing circuits including Yas Marina and Silverstone.
Phillip holds professional membership of the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors and the City and Guilds of London Institute. He is Industrial Placement Tutor for civil engineering and sits on the University’s Employability Sub-Committee
Showing 1 to 5 of 26 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- The wear of Stone Mastic Asphalt due to slow speed high stresssimulated laboratory traffickingConstruction and Building MaterialsDate: (2016)Creators: Woodward, David, Millar, Phillip, Lantieri, Claudio, Sangiorgi, Cesare and Vignali, Valeria
- PSV tyre / test specimen contact8th RILEM International Symposium on Testing and Characterisation of Sustainable and Innovative Bituminous MaterialsDate: (2016)Creators: Woodward, David, Millar, Phillip, McQuaid, Grainne, McCall, Rebecca and Boyle, Oisin
- Is Design Guidance for Roads incomplete?Date: (2015)Creators: Eadie, Robert, Millar, Phillip and Boyle, John
- Use of 3d modeling to assess pothole growthDate: (2015)Creators: McQuaid, Grainne, Millar, Phillip and Woodward, David
- Is Design Guidance for Roads incomplete?Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Advances In Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering- ACSEE 2014Date: (2014)Creators: Eadie, Robert, Millar, Phillip and Boyle, John