Dr Bryan Magee Lecturer in Construction Materials
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 66287
Dr Bryan Magee is Lecturer in Construction Materials within Ulster University's School of the Built Environment (2013-present).
A chartered civil engineer and concrete technologist, Bryan has worked as an educationalist, researcher and policy-maker in the field of civil/structural engineering for over 20 years. His specialist area of research interest is the behaviour, performance and advancement of civil/structural materials and has over 75 refereed technical publications published in this field. Since completing his PhD at the University of Dundee in 1997, Bryan's previous career includes academic posts at: University of Cape Town, South Africa (1997-98); Purdue University, Indiana, USA (1998-99); University of New Hampshire, USA (1999-2001); and Queen's University Belfast (2009-13). Bryan's also has UK-based industry experience gained via appointments with TRL Ltd. (2001-03) and The Mineral Products Association (2003-09).
Bryan is an active member/contributor to The Concrete Society, Institute of Concrete Technology and Quarry Products Association NI. He is co-founder/-organiser of numerous international conference series including: 'International Conference on the Durability of Concrete Structures (ICDCS)', 'Civil Engineering Research Association Ireland (CERAI)' and 'International Conference on Concrete Repair (Concrete Solutions)'. Bryan has also recently served as a guest editor for international journals: 'International Journal of Structural Engineering' (2010-15) and 'Construction and Building Materials' (2015-present).
Showing 1 to 5 of 15 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- The performance of concrete exposed to marine environments: predictive modelling and use of laboratory/on site test methodsConstruction and Building MaterialsDate: (2015)Creators: Nanukuttan, Sreejith, Basheer, Muhammed, Luping, Tang, McCarter, John, Chrisp, Malcolm, Starrs, Gerry, Holmes, Niall and Magee, Bryan
- Repeatability and Reliability of New Air and Water Permeability Tests for Assessing the Durability of High Performance ConcretesJournal of Materials in Civil EngineeringDate: (2015)Creators: Yang, Kai, Basheer, Muhammed, Magee, Bryan, Bai, Yun and Long, Adrian
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the guard ring in obtaining a uni-directional flow in an in situ water permeability testMaterials and StructuresDate: (2015)Creators: Yang, K, Basheer, PAM, Bai, Y and Magee, B.J.
- A state of the art review into the use of geopolymer cement for road applicationsDate: (2015)Creators: Wilkinson, Allistair, Woodward, David, Magee, Bryan and Tretsiakova-McNally, Svetlana
- A Durability Performance Index for Concrete: Developments in a Novel Test MethodInt. J. Structural EngineeringDate: (2015)Creators: McCarter, John, Chrisp, Malcolm, Starrs, Gerry, Basheer, Muhammed, Nanukuttan, Sreejith, Sudarshan, Srinivasan and Magee, Bryan