Dr Trevor Hyde Reader
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 68235
Trevor is a Reader in the School of the Built Environment and is Course Director for the BSc (Hons) Building Surveying part-time program. He works within the Centre for Sustainable Technologies with specific expertise in advanced glazing and façade systems and is a Core member of the Built Environment Research Institute. He has a degree in Construction Engineering and Management and a PhD in Timber Engineering from Ulster University.
His broad research interests are in improving the energy efficiency of buildings and has worked on a wide range of research projects funded by the EPSRC, RCUK, Invest NI, SFI, and the EU and by industrial collaborators. Current and recent research projects include developments in advanced vacuum glazing and façade systems, multifunctional glazing incorporating building integrated photovoltaics, building integrated solar thermal systems, evaluation of novel and high performance insulation systems and retrofit solutions for domestic housing stock. He leads Ulster's development, fabrication and characterisation of advanced low heat loss vacuum glazing and façade systems and has made extensive practical contributions which have contributed to several patents for novel sealing mechanisms for vacuum glazing and concentrating photovoltaic evacuated glazing systems.
Showing 1 to 5 of 50 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Enhancing the thermal performance of triple vacuum glazing with low-emittance coatingsEnergy and BuildingsDate: (2015)Creators: Fang, Yueping, Hyde, Trevor, Arya, Farid, Hewitt, Neil, Wang, Ruzhu and Dai, Yanjun
- Indium alloy-sealed vacuum glazing development and contextRenewable and Sustainable Energy ReviewsDate: (2014)Creators: Fang, Yueping, Hyde, Trevor, Arya, Farid, Hewitt, Neil, Eames, Philip C, Norton, Brian and Miller, Seth
- Experimental performance evaluation and comparative analyses of heat pipe and direct flow augmented solar collectorsApplied Thermal EngineeringDate: (2013)Creators: Nkwetta, Dan Nchelatebe, Smyth, Mervyn, Haghighat, Fariborz, Zacharopoulos, Aggelos and Hyde, Trevor
- A novel building component hybrid vacuum glazing - a modelling and experimental validationASHRAE TransactionsDate: (2013)Creators: Fang, Yueping, Hyde, Trevor, Arya, Farid and Hewitt, Neil
- Improvements in triple vacuum glazingDate: (2013)Creators: Fang, Yueping, Hyde, Trevor and Hewitt, Neil