Dr Ye Huang Reader
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 68483
Dr Ye Huangis a Reader of Clean Energy Technologies at Ulster University. He is a Member of the Energy Institute, a Chartered Engineer and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He has specific technical expertise in carbon capture and storage, energy system modelling and simulation and fossil fuel power plant optimisation and control. He has 30 years’ experience with scenario analyses of fossil fuel combustion. He has wide experience in establishing multi-partner collaborative projects to develop and exploit fossil fuel and biomass/waste (including co-utilisation) technologies, covering all aspects of techno-economic analysis and life cycle assessment studies. He also has extensive experience of coal gasification, including defining Carbon Capture and Storage strategies.
He has worked on a number of projects in the area of clean coal technologies and renewable energy applications funded by the EU, Invest NI, SFI and the EPSRC. Examples of personal major research activities include the EU-CHINA-POWER project, the EU FP7 DECARBIT and SCARLET CCS projects and the EPSRC BMT-CES Bio-fuel and Energy Storage.
He has published over 38 high impact journal articles and 34 conference proceedings and technical reports since 2006.
Showing 1 to 5 of 38 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Study on the Performance and Optimization of a Scroll Expander Driven by Compressed AirApplied EnergyDate: (2016)Creators: Zhang, Xinjing, Xu, Yujie, Xu, Jian, Sheng, Yong, Zuo, Zhitao, Liu, Jimin, Chen, Haisheng, Wang, Yaodong and Huang, Ye
- Process design for CO2 absorption from syngas using physical solvent DMEPEGInternational Journal of Greenhouse Gas ControlDate: (2016)Creators: Dave, Ashok, Dave, Medha, Huang, Ye, Rezvani, Sina and Hewitt, Neil
- Performance analysis of biofuel fired trigeneration systems with energy storage for remote householdsApplied EnergyDate: (2016)Creators: Huang, Ye, Wang, Yaodong, Chen, Haisheng, Zhang, Xingjing, Mondol, JD, Shah, Nikhilkumar and Hewitt, Neil
- Process design for H2S Enrichment in physical solvent DMEPEGInternational Journal of Greenhouse Gas ControlDate: (2016)Creators: Dave, Ashok, DAVE, MEDHA, Huang, Ye, Rezvani, Sina and Hewitt, Neil
- Biochar and Renewable Energy Generation from Poultry Litter Waste: A Technical and Economic Analysis Based on Computational SimulationsApplied EnergyDate: (2015)Creators: Huang, Ye, Anderson, Mark, McIlveen-Wright, David, Lyons, G. A., McRoberts, W. C., Wang, Yaodong, Roskilly, Tony and Hewitt, Neil