Professor Neil Hewitt Professor of Energy/Director of the Centre for Sustainable Technologies
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 68566
Neil J Hewitt was appointed Professor of Energy in 2008 and is Director of the Centre for Sustainable Technologies from 2008 until present. He is a Chartered Physicist and Chartered Engineer and is a member of the Institute of Physics, Institute of Refrigeration and the Energy Institute.
Professor Hewitt has initiated and worked on numerous significant European and UK Research Council funded research projects that have engaged academia, public and private bodies.
Professor Hewitt is an acknowledged expert in the field of heat pumps, both in their development and in their end-use, especially with energy storage in the emerging sector of demand side management. He has over 100 publications and is a regular invited conference speaker both nationally and abroad.
Professor Hewitt, in addition to membership of a number of editorial boards, is the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Ambient Energy and is a UK representative of the International Institute of Refrigeration Commission B2 Refrigerating Machinery.
Showing 1 to 5 of 73 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Performance analysis of diesel engine heat pump incorporated with heat recoveryApplied Thermal EngineeringDate: (2016)Creators: Shah, Nikhilkumar, Huang, M.J. and Hewitt, NJ
- Process design for CO2 absorption from syngas using physical solvent DMEPEGInternational Journal of Greenhouse Gas ControlDate: (2016)Creators: Dave, Ashok, Dave, Medha, Huang, Ye, Rezvani, Sina and Hewitt, Neil
- Performance analysis of biofuel fired trigeneration systems with energy storage for remote householdsApplied EnergyDate: (2016)Creators: Huang, Ye, Wang, Yaodong, Chen, Haisheng, Zhang, Xingjing, Mondol, JD, Shah, Nikhilkumar and Hewitt, Neil
- Process design for H2S Enrichment in physical solvent DMEPEGInternational Journal of Greenhouse Gas ControlDate: (2016)Creators: Dave, Ashok, DAVE, MEDHA, Huang, Ye, Rezvani, Sina and Hewitt, Neil
- Experimental study of a diesel engine heat pump in heating mode for domestic retrofit applicationApplied Thermal EngineeringDate: (2015)Creators: Shah, Nikhilkumar, Huang, Ming Jun and Hewitt, Neil