Dr Shane Colclough Research Fellow - Energy Storage in Buildings
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 66907
Shane Colclough is a Research Fellow at the Centre for Sustainable Technologies. He completed his PhD in 2011 at Ulster University and holds an MBA from the Michael Smurfit Business School and a Masters in Industrial Engineering (M.I.E.) from University College Dublin, a BSc (Eng) from Trinity College Dublin, an Honours Diploma in Electronic Engineering from the Dublin Institute of Technology and is a Chartered Engineer.
In addition to his research work and being principle at the consultancy firm Energy Expertise Limited, Shane is active in the NGO sector and is Chairman of the Passive House Association of Ireland. He believes passionately in the potential afforded by the Passive House Standard in combination with Renewables in providing a better standard of housing for our citizens, simultaneously reducing dependence on fossil fuels and eliminating fuel poverty.
His research area of interest is the application of thermal energy storage to the Passivhaus standard. He has authored numerous papers on the topic of passive houses, solar assisted space heating and inter- seasonal energy storage. He is an experienced consultant and has conducted a number of projects for the EU and serves on the EU panel of Experts on Energy-Efficient Buildings.
Showing 1 to 4 out of 4 publications
This list was generated by the Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR).
- Thermal Energy Storage in Building Integrated Thermal Systems: A review. Part 1. Active storage systemsRenewable EnergyDate: (2016)Creators: Navarro, Lidia, de Gracia, Alvaro, Colclough, Shane, Browne, Maria, McCormack, Sarah, Griffiths, Philip and Cabeza, Luisa
- Financial analysis of an installed small scale seasonal thermal energy storeRenewable EnergyDate: (2016)Creators: Colclough, Shane and Griffiths, Philip
- Seasonal Thermal StorageHandbook for Clean Energy SystemDate: (2015)Creators: Griffiths, Philip and Colclough, Shane
- A passive house with seasonal solar energy store: in situ data and numerical modellingInternational Journal of Ambient EnergyDate: (2014)Creators: Clarke, Joshua, Colclough, Shane, Griffiths, Philip and McLeskey, James