Dr Farid Arya Research Associate in Resource Efficent Anaerobic Digestion
- School of the Built Environment
- Research Institute
- Built Environment
- +44 (0)28 903 68311
Farid Arya is a Research Associate in Advanced Glazing and Solar Thermal Applications at the Built Environment Research Institute. For three years he has been working on a research project funded by EPSRC focusing on the developemnt of an evacuated flat plate solar collector.
He completed his PhD in the field of vacuum glazing working in the Centre for Sustainable Technologies (CST) at Ulster University. His work focused on the practical development and evaluation of an advanced low heat loss glazing system.
He did his postgraduate and undergraduate in the field of Solid State Physics. His masters project looked at the effect of annealing on crystal structure and lattice constants particularly in magnetic materials. From 2002 till 2010 he was working with different research groups on different subjects including Carbon-Nanotubes, Magnetic Materials and Superconductors.
He is well-experienced in setting up experiments and doing simulation and computer modelling using Matlab and ABAQUS.
He has been undertaking consultancy projects for local industry providing expertise on the evaluation and development of insulating products and systems. He has been undertaking teaching duties on a number of undergraduate courses at Ulster University. He is hoping to continue his research on vacuum technology within his current research group.
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Enhancing the thermal performance of triple vacuum glazing with low-emittance coatingsEnergy and BuildingsDate: (2015)Creators: Fang, Yueping, Hyde, Trevor, Arya, Farid, Hewitt, Neil, Wang, Ruzhu and Dai, Yanjun
- Indium alloy-sealed vacuum glazing development and contextRenewable and Sustainable Energy ReviewsDate: (2014)Creators: Fang, Yueping, Hyde, Trevor, Arya, Farid, Hewitt, Neil, Eames, Philip C, Norton, Brian and Miller, Seth
- A novel building component hybrid vacuum glazing - a modelling and experimental validationASHRAE TransactionsDate: (2013)Creators: Fang, Yueping, Hyde, Trevor, Arya, Farid and Hewitt, Neil
- Modelling and experimental validation for the thermal performance of a hybrid vacuum glazingFuelling the Future -Advances in Science & Technologies for Energy Generation, Transmission and StorageDate: (2012)Creators: Fang, Yueping, Hyde, Trevor, Arya, Farid and Hewitt, Neil
- Fabrication and characterization of triple vacuum glazing at low temperature using an indium-based sealFuelling the Future - Advances in Science & Technology for Energy Generation, Transmission and StorageDate: (2012)Creators: Arya, Farid, Fang, Yueping and Hyde, Trevor