Professor Siobhan Wills Professor of Law
- School of Law
- Research Institute
- Transitional Justice Institute
- +44 (0)28 903 68883
Siobhán Wills joined the Transitional Justice Institute in 2013.
She was awarded a British Academy Mid-Career Fellowship 2015-2016 to research use of force by Chapter VII mandated peacekeepers operating in situations where there is no armed conflict. She has also been awarded an AHRC research grant 2016-2017 to make a documentary film, jointly with Prof McLaughlin (QUB), about the legacy impact of use of force by peacekeepers in Haiti during the period of the interim government of Gerard Latortue.
She is a member of the International Law Association Committee on the Use of Force and of the Royal Irish Academy Social Sciences Committee. Prior to her appointment at Ulster University she held the Ariel Sallows Visiting Chair in Human Rights at the University of Saskatchewan.
She has also taught at University College Cork, where she was Co-Director of the Centre for Criminal Justice and Human Rights. She has been a visiting fellow at the School of Advanced Studies, University of London; a Fulbright Fellow; a Hauser Global Fellow at NYU; and a Fellow on the Harvard Human Rights Program.
She has published widely on international humanitarian law issues, peacekeeping, and protection of civilians. She obtained her LLB from the National University of Ireland Galway in 2000, her LLM from Yale in 2001, and her DPhil from Oxford in 2007.
Showing 1 to 5 of 13 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Continuing Impunity of Peacekeepers: The Need for a ConventionJournal of International Humanitarian Legal StudiesDate: (2013)Creators: Wills, Siobhan
- The Legal Characterization of the Armed Conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq: Implications for ProtectionNetherlands International Law ReviewDate: (2011)Creators: null
- The Obligations Due to Former 'Protected Persons' in Conflicts that have Ceased to be International: The People's Mujahedin Organization of IranJournal of Conflict and Security LawDate: (2010)Creators: Wills, Siobhan
- Protecting Civilians: The Obligations of PeacekeepersDate: (2009)Creators: Wills, Siobhan
- The 'Responsibility to Protect' by Peace Support Forces under International Human Rights LawPeace Operations and Human RightsDate: (2008)Creators: Wills, Siobhan