Dr Khanyisela Moyo Lecturer
- School of Law
- Research Institute
- Transitional Justice Institute
- +44 (0)28 716 75481
Khanyisela Moyo has been a Lecturer at the School of Law and Transitional Justice Institute since 2010. Khanyisela's main research interests are in gender and transitional justice in postcolonial Africa. The analytical framework includes rule of law and judiciary reform, land reform in a transitional context, combating the legacy of impunity and minority rights in transition.
Khanyisela obtained a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree from the University of Zimbabwe and was thereafter registered by the Law Society of Zimbabwe as a Legal Practitioner, Conveyancer and Notary Public. She then worked for the Zimbabwe Human Rights NGO Forum as a lawyer who mostly represented victims of state orchestrated violence. Subsequently, she pursued postgraduate studies and obtained a master's degree on the Theory and Practice of Human Rights from the University of Oslo (2003), an LLM in Public International Law from the University of Nottingham (2004) and a doctorate in transitional justice from the University of Ulster (2009). She has also acted as a transitional justice consultant to Zimbabwean civic bodies.
Khanyisela is a member of the Editorial Board of the State Practice and International Law Journal with an additional specialised responsibility of Book Review Editor.
Showing 1 to 5 of 11 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Justiciable Property Rights and Postcolonial Land Reform: A Case Study of ZimbabweJusticiability of Human Rights Law in Domestic JurisdictionsDate: (2016)Creators: Moyo, Khanyisela
- Mimicry, Transitional Justice and the Land Question in Racially Divided Former Settler ColoniesThe International Journal of Transitional JusticeDate: (2015)Creators: Moyo, Khanyisela
- Forbidden Truth? - Background to Truth Recovery in Zimbabwe, Challenges, Opportunities andThreatsConference Report, Zimbabwe Human Rights NGO ForumDate: (2014)Creators: Moyo, Khanyisela
- International Humanitarian LawDate: (2012)Creators: Moyo, Khanyisela
- Feminism, Postcolonial Legal Theory and Transitional Justice: A Critique of Current Trends Khanyisela MoyoInternational Human Rights Law ReviewDate: (2012)Creators: Moyo, Khanyisela