Professor Colin Turner Head of School of Engineering
- School of Engineering
- Research Institute
- +44 (0)28 903 66285
Colin Turner is Head of School for the School of Engineering at Ulster. He obtained his First Class Joint Honours in Pure and Applied Mathematics and PhD in Pure Mathematics from the Queen's University of Belfast. He is a Fellow of the IMA, a Fellow of the IET, a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Chartered Mathematician.
He joined Ulster University as a lecturer in 1998, was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 2006, and then to Professor of Engineering Education in 2013. He was appointed as Head of School for Engineering in 2010.
Colin's teaching area includes Engineering Mathematics, Software Engineering and Reliability theory, having previously also taught Pure Mathematics. As a Learning and Teaching Professor, Colin's main focus of work is on improving the student experience through teaching, management processes and in particular setting up online systems that facilitate student learning. He holds two Distinguished Learning Support Fellowships from the University for work on Personal Development Planning and Opus, an open source online placement management learning system.
He has also been involved in subject related research, mainly focused on the area of the mathematics and statistics involved in the application of Engineering to solving problems in the area of Cardio-vascular Medicine.
Colin is a national executive member and trustee for ASET the association of placement professionals and a committee member for the Engineering Professors' Council.
Showing 1 to 5 of 11 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Improving Semiconductor Reliability with Advanced Engineering Methods in Test Program DevelopmentJournal of Electronic Testing Theory and ApplicationsDate: (2015)Creators: Vock, S, Escalona, OJ and Turner, C
- The Use of Software Engineering Methods for Efficacious Test Program Creation: A Supportive Evidence Based Case StudyJournal of Electronic Testing Theory and ApplicationsDate: (2014)Creators: Vock, Stefan, Escalona, OJ, Turner, C and Owens, FJ
- Challenges for Semiconductor Test Engineering: A Review PaperJournal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications (JETTA)Date: (2012)Creators: Vock, Stefan R, Escalona, OJ, Turner, Colin and Owens, FJ
- Detection of Cardiac Arrest using a Simplified Frequency Analysis of the Impedance Cardiogram recorded from Defibrillator PadsDate: (2011)Creators: Navarro, CO, Cromie, NA, Turner, C and Anderson, JMCC
- The Inverse Problem Utilizing the Boundary Element Method for a Nonstandard Female TorsoIEEE TRANSACTIONS ON BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERINGDate: (2011)Creators: Jamison, C, Navarro, C, Turner, C, Shannon, J, Anderson, JMCC and Adgey, JJD