Dr Alan Leacock Reader
- School of Engineering
- Research Institute
- +44 (0)28 903 66269
Dr Alan Leacock Joined the School of Engineering in 2000; founding the Advanced Sheet Metal Forming (AMFOR) Group at Ulster University in 2004. Alan's teaching interests include Statics and Strength of Materials, Plasticity and Sheet Metal Forming.
As a reader in advanced metal forming based at Ulster University, Alan implements solutions for a diverse range of low volume sheet metal forming industries manufacturing everything from aircraft to garage doors. Working cooperatively using a lean innovation approach Alan minimises the financial risk of project partners while optimising, improving and creating sheet metal forming products and processes. Alan's co-creation approach ensures accelerated implementation of solutions for value chain migration that increases margin and market share.
Alan is also an EPSRC High Value Manufacturing Catapult Fellow working with the Advanced Forming Research Centre at the University of Strathclyde.
Showing 1 to 5 of 31 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- The influence of strain rate on the springback of commercially pure titanium in a stretch forming operationKey Engineering MaterialsDate: (2015)Creators: Leacock, A, Volk, G, McCracken, D, Brown, Desmond and Quinn, S
- Structural and frictional performance of fused deposition modelled acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (P430) with a view to use as rapid tooling material in sheet metal formingKey Engineering MaterialsDate: (2015)Creators: Leacock, A, Cowen, G, Cosby, M, Volk, G, McCracken, D and Brown, D
- The finite element implementation, validation and verification of a plane stress yield criterion for use in sheet metal forming analysisInternational Journal of Mechanical SciencesDate: (2015)Creators: Kilpatrick, W., Brown, Desmond and Leacock, AG
- Evolution of mechanical properties in a 7075 Al-alloy subject to natural ageingMaterials and DesignDate: (2013)Creators: Leacock, AG, howe, C, Brown, D, Lademo, O and Deering, A
- A Novel Process for the Manufacture of Extended Laminar FlowLipskinsKey Engineering MaterialsDate: (2013)Creators: Leacock, AG