Dr Pratheepan Yogarajah Lecturer in Computer Science
- School of Computing & Intelligent Sys
- Research Institute
- Computer Science
- +44 (0)28 716 75034
Pratheepan Yogarajah has been a lecturer in computing science at the Ulster University since January 2016. He joined the school of computing and intelligent system at Ulster University as a teaching assistant in September 2007. He also worked for over five years as a research associate at Ulster University. Previously he worked in Sri Lanka in excess of five years, first as an assistant lecturer in computer science and then as a lecturer in computer science.
Yogarajah obtained a first class honours degree in Computer Science from the University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, in 2001, and a MPhil degree in Computer Vision from the Oxford Brookes University, UK, in 2006. He obtained his PhD degree from the Ulster University, UK, in 2015. He is a member of British Computer Society (BCS) and a Member of IEEE
Yogarajah was the recipient of Oxford Brookes university HMGCC scholarship award in 2005. He was also a co-recipient of Proof of Principle (PoP) award from Ulster University in 2012 and Proof of Concept (PoC) from Invest Northern Ireland (Invest NI) in 2013. His research interests include biometrics, computer vision, image processing, steganography and digital watermarking, and machine learning. He has patents filed and has published more than 20 papers in international conferences, books, and journals.
Showing 1 to 5 of 20 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Countering terrorism, protecting critical national infrastructure and infrastructure assets through the use of novel behavioral biometricsBehavioral Sciences of Terrorism and Political AggressionDate: (2016)Creators: Chaurasiaa, Priyanka, Yogarajah, Pratheepan, Condell, Joan, Prasad, Girijesh, McIlhatton, David and Monaghan, Rachel
- Biometrics and counter-terrorism: the case of gait recognitionBehavioral Sciences of Terrorism and Political AggressionDate: (2015)Creators: Chaurasia, Priyanka, Yogarajah, Pratheepan, Condell, Joan, Prasad, Girijesh, McIlhatton, David and Monaghan, Rachel
- Enhancing gait based person identification using joint sparsity model and ℓ1-norm minimizationInformation SciencesDate: (2015)Creators: Yogarajah, Pratheepan, Chaurasia, Priyanka, Condell, Joan and Prasad, Girijesh
- A Dynamic Threshold Approach for Skin Segmentation in Color ImagesInternational Journal of BiometricsDate: (2012)Creators: Yogarajah, Pratheepan, Condell, Joan, Curran, K, McKevitt, P and Cheddad, A
- Analysis of Most Important Parts for Silhouette-Based Gait RecognitionDate: (2011)Creators: Yogarajah, P, Condell, Joan and Prasad, G