Professor Maurice Mulvenna Professor of Computer Science
- School of Computing & Maths
- Research Institute
- Computer Science
- +44 (0)28 903 68602
Professor Maurice Mulvenna
joined the Computer Science Research Institute in January 2016.
Maurice gained his MPhil and PhD degrees from Ulster University. He joined the University's Magee Campus as a Lecturer in 1997 before becoming a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science at the Jordanstown campus in 2003. He became Professor of Computer Science in 2008.
He is a senior member of both the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and the Association for Computing Machinery, and a chartered fellow of the British Computer Society.
In his career he has gained £35M in research funding, with £7M in funding to Ulster University. He has published 300 papers in his research areas of artificial intelligence, digital communication, assistive technologies and knowledge transfer.
Responsibilities: Board member of Ulster University's venturing company, Innovation Ulster Ltd
Showing 1 to 5 of 214 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Assistive Technology for Older PeopleGerontechnology: Research, Practice, and Principles in the Field of Technology and AgingDate: (2016)Creators: Davies, RJ, Fukuda, R, Hua, HM, Martin, Suzanne, Mulvenna, Maurice and Merkel, S
- Principles for Fostering the Transdisciplinary Development of Assistive TechnologiesDisability and Rehabilitation: Assistive TechnologyDate: (2016)Creators: Boger, Jennifer, Jackson, Piper, Mulvenna, Maurice, Sixsmith, Judith, Sixsmith, Andrew, Mihailidis, Alex, Kontos, Pia, Polgar, Janice, Grigorovich, Alisa and Martin, Suzanne
- Improved lexicon-based sentiment analysis for social media analyticsSecurity InformaticsDate: (2015)Creators: Jurek, Anna, Mulvenna, Maurice and Bi, Yaxin
- Individual specific reminiscence in dementiaCommissioned Research – Dementia Care7th Annual Translational Medicine ConferenceDate: (2015)Creators: Ryan, Assumpta, Bunting, Brendan, Curran, K, Laird, Liz/ EA, Ferry, Finola, Mulvenna, Maurice, Gibson, Aideen and McCauley, Claire
- Monitoring and Analysis of Sleep Patterns of People with DementiaIPA Abstract BookDate: (2015)Creators: Wang, HY, Zheng, Huiru and Mulvenna, Maurice