Dr Jun Liu Senior Lecturer
- School of Computing & Maths
- Research Institute
- Computer Science
- +44 (0)28 903 68919
Jun Liu is currently a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science, a full research member of Artificial Intelligence and Applications Research Group at Computer Science Research Institute. Before he joined Ulster University, he was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at The University of Manchester, UK (Feb. 2002 - Dec. 2004), and a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Belgian Nuclear Research Centre (SCK*CEN) (Mar. 2000 -Feb. 2002). He received the BSc. and MSc. degrees in Applied Mathematics, and PhD. degree in Information Engineering from Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China, in 1993, 1996, and 1999, respectively.
He has been working in the field of Artificial Intelligence for many years. His current research is focused on two themes: 1) Intelligent decision methodologies using techniques from systems theory, operational research and artificial intelligence, with applications in management, engineering, and industry field etc. (e.g., safety and risk analysis; policy decision making; security/disaster management; heath care and smart home; situation awareness and emergency systems, and scenario/activity recognition); 2) logic and automated reasoning methods for intelligent systems. In particular: resolution-based automated reasoning methods, algorithm and tools with applications (including software verification and automated theorem proving); lattice-valued logics with focus on handling incomparability, inconsistency and imprecision.
He serves as an Area Editor of International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, is also an Editor of Information Fusion Journal, Journal of Universal Computer Science, and International Journal of Knowledge and Systems Science.
He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, and teaches at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Showing 1 to 5 of 146 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Hierarchical Networks-on-Chip Interconnect for Astrocyte-Neuron Network HardwareInternational Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN)Date: (2016)Creators: Liu, J, Harkin, J, McDaid, LJ and Martin, G
- A mechanism for nominating video clips to provide assistance for instrumental activities of daily livingAmbient Assisted Living and Daily ActivitiesDate: (2015)Creators: Rafferty, Joseph, Nugent, Chris, Liu, Jun and Chen, Liming
- A Goal-driven, assistive agent for instructing and guiding user activities.Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, The Thirteenth Scandinavian Conference on Artificial Intelligence,Date: (2015)Creators: Rafferty, Joseph, Nugent, Chris, Liu, Jun and Chen, Liming
- Application of a spatial intelligent decision system on self-rated health status estimationJournal of Medical SystemsDate: (2015)Creators: Calzada, Alberto, Liu, Jun, Wang, Hui, Nugent, Chris and Martinez, Luis
- A novel rule base representation and its inference method using the evidential reasoning approachKnowledge-Based SystemsDate: (2015)Creators: Jin, L.Q., Liu, Jun, Xu, Y. and Fang, X.