Dr David Glass Senior Lecturer
- School of Computing & Maths
- Research Institute
- Computer Science
- +44 (0)28 903 68296
David Glass has a BSc (Mathematics), MA (Philosophy) and PhD (Theoretical Physics) from Queen's University Belfast where he also worked as a post-doctoral research associate before joining Ulster University in 2000. He is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing and Mathematics and is a member of the Computer Science Research Institute.
David teaches both computer science and mathematics, particularly in the areas of programming and numerical methods, and has carried out research in a range of areas. Before joining the university he worked in the theory of atomic and molecular physics, but his current research is in the areas of Bayesian and explanatory reasoning, knowledge discovery, and the mathematical and computational modelling of complex systems. This work is multidisciplinary in nature, involving research in artificial intelligence, mathematics and philosophy of science, and finding application in a range of areas. He has published widely in these fields, has supervised a number of PhD students, and has acquired external funding to support his research.
David also has an interest in the relationship between science and religious belief and has undertaken research in this area by applying his work on Bayesian and explanatory reasoning to topics such as 'explaining away' and design arguments.
Showing 1 to 5 of 65 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Characteristics of successful opinion leaders in a bounded confidence modelPhysica ADate: (2016)Creators: Chen, Shuwei, Glass, DH and McCartney, M
- A single predator multiple prey model with prey mutationCommunications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical SimulationDate: (2016)Creators: Mullan, Rory, Abernethy, Gavin M., Glass, David H. and McCartney, Mark
- A Novel Classification Framework for Evaluating Individual and Aggregate Diversity in Top-N RecommendationsACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and TechnologyDate: (2016)Creators: Moody, Jennifer and Glass, David H.
- Dynamic probabilistic causal relationships among biomarkers, lifestyle and cognition in healthy, mild cognitive impairment, and Alzheimer's disease participantsDate: (2016)Creators: Ding, Xuemei, Wang, HY, Glass, David, Wang, Hui, Clarke, D, Bjourson, AJ, Dowey, Le Roy, O'Kane, M, Prasad, G, Maguire, Liam and Wong-Lin, KongFatt
- Species Diversity and Predation Strategies in a Multiple Species Predator-Prey modelCommunications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical SimulationDate: (2015)Creators: Mullan, Rory, Glass, DH and McCartney, M