Dr Fiona Browne Lecturer
- School of Computing & Maths
- Research Institute
- Computer Science
- +44 (0)28 903 66536
Fiona Browne is a Lecturer in Computing Science at Ulster University since 2013 with over eight years research experience and three years industrial experience. She is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Fionareceived the BSc (Hons.) degree in Computing Science (First Class) from the Ulster University in 2004. In 2009 she received a PhD on Artificial Intelligence in Bioinformatics from Ulster University. After this she worked as a research associate for Ulster University (EU-FP6 funded CARDIOWORKBENCH project) and as a Senior Software Developer at PathXL where she developed software applications to support the application of digital pathology on-line. In 2011 she joined Queen's University Belfast as a Research Fellow on an Invest NI START project DEEPFLOW in cooperation with SAP research, Belfast and Ulster University. She is currently working on the FP7 EU funded project HARMONISE, resilience in Urban planning and the H2020 RISE project Metaplat.
Her research interests are in the areas of Network analysis in Bioinformatics, reasoning with uncertainty including evidential reasoning techniques such as Dempster-Shafer theory and Dezert-Smarandache theory applied to diverse problem domains. Other areas of interest include artificial intelligence, information fusion, machine learning, supervised classification, pattern discovery and Web development.
Fiona is a member of the program committee to the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine, International Conference on Natural Computation and International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery. She has published papers in peer reviewed international journals and conference proceedings.
Showing 1 to 5 of 23 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Investigating the impact human protein–protein interaction networks have on disease-gene analysisInternational Journal of Machine Learning and CyberneticsDate: (2016)Creators: Browne, Fiona, Wang, Haiying / HY and Zheng, Huiru
- A Collaborative Filtering Recommender System Model Using OWA and Uninorm Aggregation OperatorsDate: (2015)Creators: Palomares, Ivan, Browne, Fiona, Wang, Hui and Davis, Peadar
- Biomarker discovery, high performance and cloud computing: A comprehensive reviewDate: (2015)Creators: Blayney, Jaine, Haberland, Valeriia, Lightbody, G and Browne, Fiona
- A computational framework for the prioritization of disease-gene candidatesBMC GenomicsDate: (2015)Creators: Browne, Fiona, Wang, HY and Zheng, Huiru
- An integrative network-driven pipeline for the prioritization of Alzheimer's disease genesDate: (2014)Creators: Browne, Fiona, Wang, HY and Zheng, Huiru