Dr Jose Santos Lecturer
- School of Computing & Intelligent Sys
- Research Institute
- Computer Science
- +44 (0)28 903 66585
Jose Santos joined the School of Computing and Intelligent Systems and the Intelligent Systems Research Centre in 2002, he joined the School of Computing and Mathematics in 2016 and became an Associate Member of the Computer Science Research Institute in 2016. His Teaching and Research interests lie in the areas of Wireless and Mobile Communications, Robotics, Ambient Intelligence, Instrumentation and Control Systems, Concurrent and Distributed Programming.
Jose is an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA), a Fellow of the Ulster University Centre for Higher Education Research and Practice (CHERP) and a STEM Ambassador.
Jose Studied Electronic Engineering at Universidad Simon Bolivar in Caracas, Venezuela where he got his Engineering Degree in Electronic Engineering in 1998. His undergraduate thesis made the Departments' Honours Roll. He obtained a European Union Scholarship under the Alpha-Beta project to complete his PhD which he did in 2003 at the School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering of Ulster University, his thesis was titled Transcutaneous Pulsed Mode Power Delivery to Implants for the Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation. He Completed a PG-Certificate in Higher Education Teaching in 2004.
Jose is also on the Editorial Board of the European Conference on Social Media, and Elsevier's Medical Engineering and Physics. He is also an External Examiner for the Higher Diploma in Science in Computing at Griffith College, Dublin and was the Course Director for the Degree of Information Technologies in the School of Computing and Intelligent Systems from 2015 to 2016.
Showing 1 to 5 of 41 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Location and mobility-aware routing for improving multimedia streaming performance in MANETsWireless Personal CommunicationsDate: (2016)Creators: Cadger, Fraser, Curran, K, Santos, JA and Moffett, Sandra
- Location and Mobility-Aware Routing for Multimedia Streaming in Disaster TelemedicineAd Hoc NetworksDate: (2015)Creators: Cadger, F, Curran, K, Santos, JA and Moffett, Sandra
- Towards a location and mobility-aware routing protocol for improving multimedia streaming performance in MANETsPeer-to-Peer Networking and ApplicationsDate: (2015)Creators: Cadger, Fraser, Curran, K, Santos, JA and Moffett, Sandra
- Opportunistic neighbour prediction using an Artificial Neural NetworkInternational Journal of Advanced Pervasive and Ubiquitous ComputingDate: (2015)Creators: Cadger, F, Curran, K, Santos, JA and Moffett, Sandra
- CAPTURE - Cooperatively Applied Positioning Techniques Utilising Range ExtensionsDate: (2014)Creators: Cullen, G, Curran, K and Santos, JA