Dr Bryan Gardiner Lecturer in Computer Science
- School of Computing & Intelligent Sys
- Research Institute
- Computer Science
- +44 (0)28 716 75081
Dr Bryan Gardiner received a first class honours degree in Electronics and Computer Systems in 2006, and a Ph.D. degree from Ulster University in 2010. A Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Bryan is currently lecturing within the School of Computing and Intelligent Systems where he is involved in teaching, supervising and assessing undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Bryan is an active member of the Cognitive Robotics team within the Intelligent Systems Research Centre. His research interests are primarily in digital image processing, computer vision, pattern recognition and mobile robotics. Bryan is a member of the IEEE UKRI society, International Association of Pattern Recognition and the Irish Pattern Recognition and Classification Society.
He is a member of the Programme Committee for the Irish Machine Vision Image Processing Conference and has served as a reviewer for several international conferences and journals.
Showing 1 to 5 of 23 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Tri-directional Gradient Operators for Hexagonal Image ProcessingJournal of Visual Communication and Image RepresentationDate: (2016)Creators: Coleman, Sonya, Bryan, Scotney and Gardiner, Bryan
- Multiscale Edge Detection using a Finite Element Framework for Hexagonal Pixel-based ImagesIEEE Transactions on Image ProcessingDate: (2016)Creators: Gardiner, Bryan, Coleman, Sonya and Bryan, Scotney
- Range Image Feature Extraction using a Hexagonal Pixel-based FrameworkDate: (2015)Creators: Gardiner, B and Coleman, SA
- A Biologically Inspired Framework for Efficient Video ProcessingDate: (2014)Creators: Gardiner, B, Coleman, SA and Scotney, BW
- Broadcast Language Identification System (BLIS)Irish Machine Vision and Image Processing Conference (IMVIP)Date: (2014)Creators: Connolly, James, Curran, K, McKevitt, P, Macrae, J and Craig, S