Dr Joan Condell Senior Lecturer
- School of Computing & Intelligent Sys
- Research Institute
- Computer Science
- +44 (0)28 716 75024
Dr Joan Condell is a senior lecturer in the School of Computing and Intelligent Systems in the Department of Computing and Engineering at Ulster University (Magee). Her main research interests are in the areas of intelligent systems, mathematics and image processing with applications to security, health and robotics applications.
Joan has contributed to Ulster University through teaching, research and innovation funded projects and awards; with a particular focus on commercialisation of research having founded and directed a spinout company 'HidInImage Ltd' from Ulster in 2012. She is also founder of other high-tech imaging and wearable innovative solutions.
She teaches at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. She holds a BSc in Maths, Statistics and Computing from Ulster University, an MSc in Industrial Mathematics from the University of Strathclyde and a PhD in Maths and Theoretical Computing from the Ulster University.
Joan is chair of the Imaging Group in the Trauma and Rehab Recognised Research Group within the Health Trust in Northern Ireland and a Core Member of the Computer Science Research Institute within Ulster. She has been a reviewer and programme committee member for a number of international scientific conferences, and international scientific journals. She is visiting scholar to international universities including the University of Western Ontario, University of Malaya and University of Technology Malaysia.
Showing 1 to 5 of 134 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Countering terrorism, protecting critical national infrastructure and infrastructure assets through the use of novel behavioral biometricsBehavioral Sciences of Terrorism and Political AggressionDate: (2016)Creators: Chaurasiaa, Priyanka, Yogarajah, Pratheepan, Condell, Joan, Prasad, Girijesh, McIlhatton, David and Monaghan, Rachel
- Novel Smart Glove Technology as a Biomechanical Monitoring ToolSensors & TransducersDate: (2015)Creators: O'Flynn, B, Sachez, J, Tedesco, S, Downes, B, Connolly, J, Condell, J and Curran, K
- Biometrics and counter-terrorism: the case of gait recognitionBehavioral Sciences of Terrorism and Political AggressionDate: (2015)Creators: Chaurasia, Priyanka, Yogarajah, Pratheepan, Condell, Joan, Prasad, Girijesh, McIlhatton, David and Monaghan, Rachel
- Enhancing gait based person identification using joint sparsity model and ℓ1-norm minimizationInformation SciencesDate: (2015)Creators: Yogarajah, Pratheepan, Chaurasia, Priyanka, Condell, Joan and Prasad, Girijesh
- Characteristics of a Piezo-Resistive Fabric Stretch Sensor Glove for Home-Monitoring of Rheumatoid ArthritisDate: (2014)Creators: O Quigley, C, Sabourin, M, Coyle, S, Connolly, J, Condell, J, Curran, K, Corcoran, B and Diamond, D