Professor Philip Morrow Professor of Computer Vision
- School of Computing & Inf. Engineering
- Research Institute
- Computer Science
- +44 (0)28 701 24637
Philip Morrow is currently Professor of Computer Vision in the School of Computing and Information Engineering in the Faculty of Computing and Engineering. He has a BSc in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science (1981), an MSc in Electronics (1982) and a PhD in Parallel Image Processing (1993), all from the Queen's University of Belfast.
His main research interests lie in image processing / computer vision and distributed / parallel systems. He has over 140 peer-reviewed publications across these areas of research and has been involved as a Co-Investigator (CI) and Principal Investigator (PI) in a number of funded research projects concerned with the development of software tools and application solutions. His work has been supported by the UK's Research Councils (EPSRC, NERC and MRC) and the EU. Most recently, he was CI on the EPSRC–DST funded India-UK Advanced Technology Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks Systems and Services (IU-ATC) and is currently CI on projects funded by US-Ireland (Agile Cloud Service Delivery using Integrated Photonics Networking), InvestNI, (Digital Innovation Infrastructure for Next Generation Internet) and H2020 (DESIREE - Decision Support and Information Management System for Breast Cancer).
He has (co-)supervised 20 PhD students to successful completion and is currently (co-)supervising a further 7 students. He has acted as reviewer for a number of journals, served on the programme committee for numerous national and international conferences and has also acted as External Examiner for a number of PhD theses.
Showing 1 to 5 of 109 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- Rehabilitation Game Model for Personalised ExerciseDate: (2015)Creators: Holmes, Dominic, Charles, DK, Morrow, PJ, McClean, Sally and McDonough, Suzanne
- A Geospatial Semantic Enrichment and Query Service for Geotagged PhotographsSensorsDate: (2015)Creators: Ennis, Andrew, Nugent, Chris, Morrow, Philip, Chen, Liming, Ioannidis, George, Stan, Alexandru and Rachev, Preslav
- FRAGED: A Framework for Adaptive Game Execution and Delivery to Improve the Quality of Experience in Network Aware GamesDate: (2015)Creators: Hull, Craig, Charles, DK, Morrow, PJ and Parr, Gerard
- Timely autonomous identification of UAV safe landing zonesImage and Vision ComputingDate: (2014)Creators: Patterson, Timothy, McClean, Sally, Morrow, PJ, Parr, Gerard and Luo, Chunbo
- A Service for Semantic Enrichment of Smartphone PhotographsUbiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence. Personalisation and User Adapted ServicesDate: (2014)Creators: Ennis, Andrew, Nugent, Chris, Morrow, Philip, Chen, Liming Luke, Ioannidis, George and Stan, Alexandru