Dr Anne Moorhead Lecturer in Health and Interpersonal Communication
- School of Communication
- Research Institute
- Institute for Research in Social Sciences
- +44 (0)28 903 68905
Dr Anne Moorhead is a Lecturer in Health Communication. She has a MA Psychology, MSc Nutrition and Dietetics, and PhD Biomedical Sciences (Nutrition); and is a Registered Nutritionist, Public Health (RNutr), Chartered Scientist (CSci), Accredited Healthcare Communicator, and Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA).
She has been or is currently Course Director for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Health Communication, Communication Management in Healthcare, and Counselling and Therapeutic Communication. She teaches in the areas of mental health, health communication, and research methods. Other teaching related responsibilities included revalidation coordinator, coordinator for exchange students, leader of partnership collaboration with the Colleges for the School, and member and chair of internal Faculty and University committees. She coordinates the MSc Dissertation within the School, and supervises a number of PhD students. She leads technology enhanced learning (TEL) projects leading to pedagogy publications.
Dr Moorhead’s research interest is in healthcare communications, in particular communication technologies in healthcare in the areas of mental health and obesity. She has led multidisciplinary national and international research projects and teams, secured research funding and achieved extensive publications. She has also published two book chapters. She is a Board member and Section Editor for the Journal of Medical Internet Research, the leading e-health peer reviewed journal.
She is a member of several external committees, including the Committee of the Association for Healthcare Communications and Marketing UK, research committee for the European Association for Communication in Healthcare, and Vice Chair of the NHS Research Ethics Committee, Office of Research Ethics Committees for Northern Ireland.
Showing 1 to 5 of 33 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- A semi-automated food voting classification system: Combining user interaction and Support Vector MachinesDate: (2015)Creators: Patrick, McAllister, Zheng, Huiru, Bond, Raymond and Moorhead, Anne
- Semi-automated system for predicting calories in photographs of mealsDate: (2015)Creators: McAllister, Patrick, Zheng, Huiru, Bond, Raymond and Moorhead, Anne
- Smart Food: Crowdsourcing of experts in nutrition and non-experts in identifying calories of meals using smartphone as a potential tool contributing to obesity prevention and managementDate: (2014)Creators: Moorhead, Anne, Bond, Raymond and Zheng, Huiru
- Smart Food: Identifying Calories of Meals Using Smartphone to Inform the Development of a Personalized Messaging System for Obesity Prevention and ManagementDate: (2014)Creators: Moorhead, Anne, Bond, Raymond and Zheng, Huiru
- Utility and Accuracy of Online Schematics That Illustrate ECG Electrode PositionsDate: (2014)Creators: Bond, RR, Finlay, DD, Guldenring, D, Breen, Cathal and Moorhead, Anne