Dr Jill Hendron Lecturer
- School of Communication
- Research Institute
- Institute for Research in Social Sciences
- +44 (0)28 903 66642
Jill joined the School of Communication in 2012 as a Lecturer in Counselling, and teaches at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Her research interests are in the areas of Emotional Intelligence, secondary impact upon professionals, clergy psychological wellbeing and grief & loss. Jill has been a grief counsellor for over 20 years and has worked within a number of voluntary organisations that offer support to both adults and children through their grief processes.
Jill is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. She is also a member of both The British Association of Counsellling & Psychotherapy and The European Association for Counselling.
She completed the Communication with Counselling degree (First Class) here at Ulster and went on to complete her PhD with a Department for Employment and Learning (DEL) funded scholarship. Her thesis focused on the secondary traumatisation experience of Irish clergy and its relationship with Emotional Intelligence.
Jill has a number of additional relevant interests. She is an Emotional Intelligence trainer, an Executive Coach, a Pastoral Supervisor, and a Compassion Fatigue Specialist. She reviews for Pastoral Psychology and has published nationally and internationally in the areas of secondary impact and Emotional Intelligence.
Showing 1 to 5 of 7 publications
To view all publications please visit Ulster University Institutional Repository (UIR)
- The Emotionally Intelligent Ministry: why it mattersMental Health, Religion & CultureDate: (2013)Creators: Hendron, Jill, Irving, P and Taylor, Brian
- Taking away the pain: emotional Intelligence and coping with secondary traumaDate: (2013)Creators: Hendron, Jill, Irving, Pauline and Taylor, Brian
- The unseen cost: a discussion of the secondary traumatization experience of the clergyPastoral psychologyDate: (2012)Creators: Hendron, Jill, Irving, Pauline and Taylor, Brian
- An investigation of the secondary traumatisation experience of the clergy and its relationship with Emotional Intelligence.Date: (2011)Creators: Hendron, Jill, Irving, Pauline and Taylor, Brian
- Secondary Trauma and the clergy.Date: (2011)Creators: Hendron, Jill, Irving, P and Taylor, Brian