Our strength in numbers:
- Ulster University is now listed in the prestigious Times Higher Education ranking of the top 150 universities under 50 years old.
- Ulster is a cosmopolitan university, enabling a cohort of almost 27,000 students to meet their personal and professional ambitions.
- Students at Ulster University are among the most satisfied in the UK according to the most recent National Student Survey, in which the University achieved 88% on the overall satisfaction score.
- Ulster University was awarded a coveted THE Award 2016 for ‘Most Improved Student Experience’, based on the results of a survey which polled 15,000 students across the UK.
- Ulster University invests £42 million in research and innovation programmes each year.
- Ulster University has an alumni network of over 160,000 alumni in 148 countries worldwide.
- Over 90% of Ulster University graduates have gone into work or further study within six months of graduating.
- The 2014 Research Excellence Framework identified Ulster University as one of the top 25% of UK universities for world-leading research, based on research power OR 72% of Ulster University's research activity judged to be world leading or internationally excellent.
- Ulster University has created 20 spin-out companies which have a turnover of £28 million and employ over 290 staff.
- Ulster University's Belfast School of Art, boasts two Turner Prize winners and a further five nominees among its alumni and staff.
Ulster in numbers
Find out more about how Ulster University is making a positive impact on the local economy and beyond.