Reporting accidents

We hope that you never have the misfortune to have an accident at University. If you do and require first-aid treatment, you should seek out the nearest first-aider.

The names and location of first aiders are displayed on notices throughout the University.

If you cannot see such a notice, you should go to the main reception desk for assistance.

You should be aware that all security and sports centre staff are required to be first aiders.

If you have an accident, whether you are injured or not, you should complete an accident report form (AR1), which is available at Faculty and School offices, reception desks, Sports Centres and online.

When you have completed your part (sections 1 & 2) of the form you should give the form to your academic superviser or other relevant member of staff.